Blogging for e-commerce can be a challenging task. Selling a bunch of different products doesn’t leave much room for providing a lot of valuable information. However, if you are an e-commerce site without a blog, you may be selling yourself short.
Take a look at other e-commerce websites and you’ll notice the majority of them do not even have a blog. This means no new content is being added to the site; which also means Google isn’t indexing the site very often. The amount of content on the site is limited, which does little to attract new customers. Add a blog to your e-commerce site and it’ll give you a leg up on the competition. Here are some tips to get you started on your e-commerce blog:
- 1. Don’t over-sell. Selling is the name of the game, but don’t over do it.
- 2. Be personable, but not personal. It’s OK to talk about things that don’t directly relate to your products, but don’t get personal.
- 3. Reward existing customer interaction. Run contests and giveaways to reward and entice customers.
- 4. Share your passion for your products. E-commerce tends to be boring, but your blog is a great place to show your enthusiasm for what you sell.
- 5. Educate your customers on the products you sell. Provide helpful tips and tricks and valuable information on your products and people will be more inclined to buy from you.
- 6. Feature products on a regular basis.
- 7. Offer sales and freebies that are only available on your blog. This will bring in more traffic to your blog and up sales on your website.
- 8. Respond to your customers’ questions and concerns quickly. Your blog is a great place to answer questions, gain feedback, and find out what your customers want and need.
- 9. Link to your product pages every chance you get. If you talk about your products on your blog, link to the product itself in your post. This will drive traffic to your website, make it easy for customers to find the product, and help increase your ranking in the search engines.
With these tips, you should be able to create a successful e-commerce blog. Of course as with any blog, it takes quite a bit of time to manage. If you don’t have the time to manage it yourself, you might consider hiring a blog management service. Writocity.com is a premier online marketing solution specializing in blog management for e-commerce websites. Our team of expert bloggers understand search engine optimization, link-building, and writing relevant, useful content for e-commerce sites that drive traffic to your website and convert sales.